Sunday, May 18, 2008

7 1/2 Habits of Successful Lifelong Learners

The presentation on the 7 1/2 Habits is helpful. Throughout my life I have set goals for myself. I accept responsibility for my own learning. I try to view problems as challenges. My confidence increases with each accomplishment. I like the idea of a learning toolbox. I try to use technology to my advantage. It is important to share knowledge and educate others. Learning should be fun.

Studies have proven that lifelong learning is important for healthy brain function. Challenging myself to learn new skills will improve my memory. The 23Things web 2.0 project will introduce me to new technology available on the Internet. Habit 6: Use technology to your advantage, will be the most difficult habit for me to master. How we retrieve information and how we communicate with others has changed as a result of the Internet. It is valuable to keep current on technology to better serve our library patrons.

No comments: